- 600g sweet potato (2 large)
- 50g pecans / halved / crushed
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (more depending on spice level)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pierce your sweet potatoes and place in a 180 degree oven for roughly 45 minutes or until soft inside.
- Meanwhile, add your pecans to a pan with some olive oil and place in the oven to toast for 5-10 minutes, keeping an eye that they don’t burn.
- Add the chopped rosemary and parmesan, continue to roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Place the toasted nuts aside (You can do this in a frying pan but I find the parmesan congeals quite a lot).
- Once cooked and cool enough to handle, remove the potato from the skins and place into a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, the cayenne, maple syrup, salt and pepper, and mash then set aside.
- To serve, top your mash with the rosemary, parmesan pecans.