1 package of dry yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
4 cups of all-purpose flour plus more for your work surface
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
Cornmeal for your baking stone or pizza pan
1) In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and lukewarm water. Stir until the yeast has dissolved and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2) Add 4 cups of flour and stir until the mixture becomes sticky.
3) Add the olive oil and salt to the dough and continue to stir until it is well combined.
4) Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour (a little at a time). The dough should be smooth and elastic.
5) Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
6) Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a floured surface.
7) Divide the dough into two balls and let them rest for 10 minutes.
8) Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape. Transfer the dough to a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet or pizza pan.
9) Add your favourite toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!