Ingredients: Serves 6
- 16 Fairway Assured king prawns and halved (keep 6 to serve whole)
- 1 head of baby gem lettuce, shredded
- Lemon for wedges
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- 1 sheet of gelatine
- Fairway Assured salt and pepper
For the avocado mousse
- 2 really ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 a lime juice
- 10 fresh basil leaves
For the sauce marie rose
- 3 tbsp Fairway Assured mayonnaise
- Pinch of Fairway Assured cayenne pepper
- A few drops tabasco sauce
- A few drops worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Fairway Assured tomato ketchup
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- Pinch of celery salt
- Put the gelatine into a bowl of cold water and leave it to go soft.
- Pop the cucumber into a blender and blitz it. Then pass it through a sieve: you only need the juice.
- Mix the lime juice to the cucumber juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Put 200ml of water into a small saucepan and bring up to a simmer. Then wring out the gelatine, put in a heat proof bowl and put the bowl over the saucepan.
- When it has melted, then stir it into the cucumber and lime juice and leave to cool.
- Pour the mixture into your desired serving glasses or bowls and pop them in the fridge to set.
- Place the avocados, lime juice, cream cheese, basil, pinch of salt and pepper in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put the mousse in a bowl, cover it and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the halved prawns to the sauce.
- Cover with cling film and chill.
- Once the cucumber jelly is set, you can start building up the cocktail layers.
- Pipe the avocado mousse onto the set cucumber jelly.
- Then carefully add the shredded lettuce on top.
- Spoon over the prawns in the sauce and top with the whole king prawn.
- Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper or paprika and serve.
- Optional serving -you could also finish the cocktails with a little caviar, lemon zest and fresh parsley.